FV-31 Cypher Wiki
From Flex Innovations Wiki
Welcome to the Flex Innovations - FV-31 Cypher Wiki
- 1 FV-31 Cypher
- 2 Experimenter and Tech Corner
Manuals and Documents
- Instruction Manual (English)
- CAUTION: You must disconnect all motors and securely restrain your Cypher when making and/or testing configuration changes
Configuration Tools for Betaflight
Use a Configuration Tool to Set or Reset the Angle/Six Axis Level
- NOTE: The wing-leveling six-axis mode is named ANGLE MODE in Betaflight lingo.
- Place your Cypher on a level surface. Check that wings are level. You may want to shim the nosewheel up 2-5mm to set a more positive angle. (The angle relates to trim speed and can be set to taste).
- Connect to your configuration tool and navigate to the Setup page.
- With the Cypher level per above, click the Calibrate Accelerometer button.
- Note the settings are now zeroed out. You are finished. Disconnect.
Radio Brand Setup Information NOT In Manual
- NOTE: There is additional information below on Telemetry for your consideration.
- Click for JETI EX Bus Input Setup
- Click for JR DMSS Input Setup
- Click for Graupner HOTT Input Setup
- Click for FR Sky Input Setup
- Spektrum and Futaba are in the Instruction Manual
Troubleshoot ARMING Difficulties
- NOTE: Cypher by default is ARMED by commanding stick center, throttle low, right rudder. Cypher is disarmed by commanding stick center, throttle low, left rudder.
- Click this link to see notes on trouble shooting including a complete list of Prevention Flag Meanings
- Review notes at link above for Betaflight 3.5
- Note your Cypher's Arming Disable Flags using the Betaflight Configurator on the Setup page in the Info box at right.
- Some common (beep code) Examples:
- (2) FAILSAFE - Rx signal indicates Failsafe
- (3) RXLOSS - No valid Rx signal found - Check Tx and Rx on and bound and connected
- (7) THROTTLE - Throttle too high - lower throttle or check that trim is sufficiently low
- (8) ANGLE - Cypher must be level within 25 degrees to arm
- (13) CLI - CLI mode is active - Exit CLI and/or Disconnect configurator
- (17) MSP - Connected to configurator - Disconnect
Experimenter and Tech Corner
Entire Betaflight Wiki here for reference
- Click this link for the Betaflight Wiki
- Note that FV-31 Cypher code is based on Betaflight version 3.5. It is unique code, and it is not possible to build it with the 'generic source code'. Likewise, Cypher code is unique, and is not expected to work with other vehicles.
- Note that the FLEXF3 Board/PCBA is hardware specifically developed by Flex Innovations for the FV-31 Cypher.
Optional Electronic Adjustments
Power and Accessory Notes
- CAUTION: You must disconnect all motors, or securely restrain your Cypher when making and/or testing configuration changes