Futaba Use - General Notes
From Flex Innovations Wiki
Futaba Installation Notes and Equipment Selection
There are two ways to connect the Aura to your Futaba Receiver:
- Futaba S.Bus
- Traditional PWM Servo Connection
NOTE: Any recommendations are based on years of knowledge and product use and are informational only.
- We do not 'specify' radio installations. Consult your radio manufacturer for radio information.
- We test and support the use genuine Futaba brand equipment.
- Preferred way to connect the Aura to Futaba Receivers
- S.Bus - S.Bus is serial data on one wire (Digital). It gives the Aura knowledge of all of the available Futaba channels.
- Aura will follow the Failsafe outputs of the Futaba Receiver.
- Recommended for all aircraft types
- S.Bus Input plugs into Aura Port B (Servo Bus)
- Precise digital Data
- Availability of all 8 Aura Ports as outputs
- Receiver ports are also active and available for use
Traditional PWM Servo Connections
- Least preferred
- Recommended for all aircraft types.
- Supports virtually all receivers
- Limits port availability. Typically Aura will be configured with 4 inputs and 4 outputs with PWM.