From Flex Innovations Wiki
Extra tips for a successful First Flight
- Setup carefully per the manual. Pay extra attention to:
- Elevon center with gauges
- Fan angle (CH6) settings in 45 config, and Forward Flight config using gauges.
- Center of Gravity
- Consider using your first battery to get the feel for the Cypher in Hover and 45 modes.
- When comfortable with the Hover and 45 modes, and early in a battery pack, climb to a safe altitude, level, and transition to forward flight.
- Make any attitude adjustments during transition small and firm. Avoid over control and Pilot Induced Oscillation (PIO's)
- Make a mental note (or to your spotter) of any forward flight trim needed. After landing, make adjustments to the elevon clevises as needed.
- NOTE that the Cypher is expected to climb in forward flight when set with elevon gauges. If climbing, turn each Elevon clevis in 1 turn (1/2 if very close) and test again.
- Take the gauges to the field with you for cross checking fan angles.