From Flex Innovations Wiki
Setup for using a Graupner HOTT Tx/Rx
Always start with a reset/new transmitter model!
- NOTE: You will use the 3-Pin to 4-Pin Male to Male cable provided to connect the Graupner Rx to the FLEXF3. This is the same cable arrangement shown on page 15 of the manual for the Futaba connections. (Non-Telemetry)
- These instructions supplement the printed manual. Please read the manual before proceeding.
We did test the newer tiny GR-12L S1051 SUMD + T Diversity to supply Control Data to the FLEXF3. It can supply Data via SUMD.
- The instructions are very limited! GR-12L S1051 Manual
- The male cable is the SUMD out as indicted in the photo at right.
- Bind and configure the CH6/Male output to be SUMD (is SUMD of 16 on FW2.04)
- Since the male is the output unlike nearly all other receivers which have female outputs, you will need to fabricate an adapter to make the 4th Pin (Signal) connect like in the image above (Connect SUMD like S.BUS). (Require a 3pin Female to 4 pin Male cable)
- Telemetry has not been tested
- Use one of the Betaflight configuration tools to make these settings. Be sure to SAVE the configuration page after adjustments.
- We have not tested Graupner Telemetry at this time. If you have information, you can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can update our content.
- Out of the box, only the 'Serial Receiver Provider' should need a change.
Receiver Mode -> Serial Based Receiver (Cypher Default) Serial Receiver Provider -> SUMD (aka Graupner SUMD) Telemetry slider -> OFF (Cypher Default)
- SAVE the page!
- Should be same as out of box, but you can check!
Channel Order -> TAER1234 (Cypher Default - Same order as Spektrum)
- SAVE the page!
Graupner Transmitter settings:
- MX16 Mode 2 transmitter and GR-16 receiver used for validations
- (Most common models expected to work the SAME)
- Receiver with diversity and SUMD out capability recommended.
- You can verify the completed settings using the tools using the BetaFlight Receiver page.
Name: Cypher Model Type: Plane/Acro Wing type: 1 Ail, 0 Flaps (default) Tail type: Normal 1 Elev 1 Rudd (default) Throttles: 1 (default) The rest are defaults (default) Assign a 2-position switch to CH5 (Stability/Angle Mode) Assign a 3-position switch to CH6 (Configuration/Tilt) Bind your Transmitter and Receiver Set your system to output SUMD serial data No Subtrim should be used
1 Throttle => 2 Aileron <= † 3 Elevator => † 4 Rudder <= † 5 Gear => -or as desired 6 Aux1 <= ‡ -or as desired
- NOTE: † Check 'reversing' by rotating the virtual 'body' on the Receiver Page of the Configurator
- NOTE: ‡ The internal Flex pilots set the CH6 switch UP/Back for forward flight and Low/Front for Hover. You can set per your preference.
1 Throttle +-125% 2 Aileron +-125% 3 Elevator +-125% 4 Rudder +-125% 5 Profile-Stab +-125% 6 Config-Tilt +100 -60% To Start - MUST adjust with gauges!
- NOTE: Go to the Receiver Page in Configurator and fine tune Aileron,Elevator, and Rudder travel to 1000-1500-2000. (See notes on top of Configurator page)
Set a count down Timer length suggestion for first flights 2200mAh: 2:30 2600mAh: 3:00 3300mAh: 3:40