From Flex Innovations Wiki
Setup for using a JR DMSS Tx/Rx
- Always start with a reset/new transmitter model!
- NOTE: If your JR transmitter is DMSS, continue here. If it is DSM2 or DSMX, follow the Spektrum instructions!
- NOTE: You will use the 3-Pin to 4-Pin Male to Male cable provided to connect the JR DMSS Rx's XBUS to the FLEXF3. This is the same cable arrangement shown on page 15 of the manual for the Futaba connections. (Non-Telemetry)
- These instructions supplement the printed manual. Please read the manual before proceeding.
- Use one of the Betaflight configuration tools to make these settings. Be sure to SAVE the configuration page after adjustments.
Receiver Mode -> Serial Based Receiver (Cypher Default) Serial Receiver Provider -> XBUS_MODE_B (aka JR XBUS MODE B) Telemetry slider -> OFF (Cypher Default)
- SAVE the page!
Channel Order -> AER2T134 Must be set in CLI Mode when using JR DMSS! To set, in your configurator, go to the 'CLI' page. Cut and paste or type the following line into the command line: map AER2T134 Hit ENTER on the keyboard than paste or type: save Hit ENTER on the keyboard. (This 'save' is NOT the the same as 'Save to File' button)
- NOTE: You can VERIFY (but not pick) the rather unique AER2T134 settings on the Receiver Page.
JR DMSS Transmitter settings:
- XG14 Mode 2 transmitter and R731BX and R712BX Receivers used for validations. Choose a receiver with diversity and capable of JR XBUS MODE B.
- (Most common models expected to work the SAME)
- You can verify the completed settings using the tools using the BetaFlight Receiver page.
Name: Cypher Model Type: Plane/Acro Wing type: 1 Ail, 0 Flaps (default) Tail type: Normal 1 Elev 1 Rudd (default) Throttles: 1 (default) The rest are defaults (default) Assign a 2-position switch to CH5/Gear (Stability/Angle Mode) Assign a 3-position switch to CH6/Aux1 (Configuration/Tilt) Bind your Transmitter and Receiver In Transmitter menu, X.BUS FUNCTION, set BUS TYPE : MODE.B (FYI, this will disable your Rx servo ports)
1 Throttle N 2 Aileron R† (Reversed) 3 Elevator N† 4 Rudder R† (Reversed) 5 Gear N -or as desired 6 Flap/Aux1 N‡ -or as desired
- NOTE:† You must verify these settings via the rotating body on the configurator receiver page.
- NOTE:‡ The internal Flex pilots set the CH6 switch UP/Back for forward flight and Low/Front for Hover. You can set per your preference.
1 Throttle +-91% Fine tune on the BF Configurator's Receivers page 2 Aileron +-91% 3 Elevator +-91% 4 Rudder +-91% 5 Profile-Stab +-91% 6 Config-Tilt +70 -45% To Start - MUST adjust with gauges! 7 Channel 7 +-91% Spare channel as needed (ex. throttle arm)
- NOTE: Go to the Receiver Page in Configurator and fine tune Aileron,Elevator, and Rudder travel to 1000-1500-2000. (See notes on top of Configurator page), You can also tune the throttle to 1000 to 2000 with the trimmer set in the middle.
Set a count down Timer length suggestion for first flights 2200mAh: 2:30 2600mAh: 3:00 3300mAh: 3:40