Setup for using a Jeti Tx/Rx
Always start with a reset/new transmitter model!
- NOTE: You will use the 3-Pin to 4-Pin Male to Male cable provided to connect the Jeti Rx to the FLEXF3. This is the same cable arrangement shown on page 15 of the manual for the Futaba connections. (Non-Telemetry)
- These instructions supplement the printed manual. Please read the manual before proceeding.
Use one of the Betaflight configuration tools to make these settings. Be sure to SAVE the page after adjustments.
Receiver Mode -> Serial Based Receiver (Cypher Default) Serial Receiver Provider -> JETIEXBUS Telemetry slider -> OFF (Cypher Default - Unless configuring with telemetry based using the other supplementary instructions)
- SAVE the Page
Channel Order -> TAER1234 (Cypher Default - Same order as Spektrum)
- SAVE the Page
JETI Transmitter settings:
- DS-16 Mode 2 transmitter and R3 EX RSW Receiver used for validations
- (Most common models expected to work the SAME)
- As always, start with a freshly RESET transmitter model.
- You can verify the completed settings using the tools using the BetaFlight Configurator Receiver page.
Name: FV-31 Cypher Model Type: Aero
- Bind to Rx per Jeti instructions (verify function with servo in port 2 if desired)
Name: FV-31 Cypher Wing type: 0 Flaps, 1 Ail Tail type: Normal 1H1V (default) Engine count: 1 (default) The rest are defaults (default)
1 Ailerons -control P1 -(default) 2 Elevator -control P2 -(default) 3 Rudder -control P3 -(default) 4 Throttle -control P4 -(default) 5 Profile-Stabil -Sb -or 2 position switch of users choice-stability profile 6 Config-Tilt -Sa -or 3 position switch of users choice-configuration/fan tilt 7 Arming -Sd -optional-use this or other sw if arming switch will be configured) 8 Mode Rates -Sc -optional-use if multi-rates will be implemented in BF for example) 9 R Slider -P5 -optional-not currently used-drives spare servo port on FLEXF3) 10 L Slider -P6 -optional-not currently used-drives spare servo port on FLEXF3)NOTE: do NOT hit the Auto-Assign button!
- Sets output order to same as Spektrum: Links the above functions to ‘output slots’ in data stream
1 Throttle 2 Aileron 3 Elevator 4 Rudder 5 Profile-Stab (Angle Mode / Stability 3 -vs- 6 axis) 6 Config-Tilt (Fan Tilt / Configuration switch) 7 Arming (Optional) 8 Mode Rates (Optional 9 R Slider (Optional) 10 L Slider (Optional)
All items set to defaults except as noted ALL subtrims 0% (defaults) Travels -general All Max Positive 100% -except for the Config/Tilt noted below (defaults) All Max Negative -100% -except for the Config/Tilt noted below (defaults) Travel for Config/Tilt Max Positive 81% -start with these and then you MUST adjust final angle w/gauges Max Negative -57% Reversing 1-10 in Servo Assignment order as just above 1 NO ‡ Normal is “Reverse NO”, Reverse is “Reverse YES” 2 NO ‡ 3 NO ‡ 4 NO ‡ 5 YES † Or as user prefers for Stability/ANGLE MODE 6 NO § Or as user prefers for Configuration/Fan Tilt 7 NO † 8 NO † 9 NO † 10 NO †
- NOTE:† User can set items 5-10 per their preference
- NOTE:‡ You must check Aileron, Elevator, Rudder 'Reversing' by rotating the virtual 'body' on the Receiver Page of the Configurator
- NOTE:§ The internal Flex pilots set the CH6 switch UP/Back for forward flight and Low/Front for Hover. You can set per your preference.
- Do the command and gyro checks in the manual
Timers: Set a free running Timer length suggestion for first flights 2200mAh: 2:30 2600mAh: 3:00 3300mAh: 3:40 Other settings for telemetry/Alarms can be introduced in Wiki
With system powered and bound Under Receiver Example: R3 EX with ‘Check Mark’ Serial Link: EX Bus Note the JETIBOX/EX Bus Pin “Value” for plugging in Male to Male Cable. On the R3-EX it is “Ext” which is marked “4/EXT” on the receiver. The rest of settings are defaults/or as user desires Note: Output period shows 17ms