Jeti Use - General Notes
- 1 Jeti Installation Notes
- 2 Jeti Setup Using EX Bus Input
- 3 Jeti Legacy UDI Method
- 4 Installing your Aura
Jeti Installation Notes
If you have any issues, successes or feedback regarding using Aura with Jeti, we'd love to get your feedback! Please send E-mail to Aura Support
Jeti Setup Using EX Bus Input
Always start with a reset/new transmitter model!
- These instructions supplement the general Aura Instructions. Please read the User Guide before proceeding.
Preliminary Aura Settings for Jeti EX Bus
Use the Aura Config Tool to make these settings. Be sure to SAVE the settings and "Write All to Aura" after adjustments.
- Run the Flex -> New Aura Config File Wizard in the Aura Config Tool and fill it out as you normally would.
- Typically you would choose No Throttle in Throttle Type and use a Jeti Receiver Port.
- Choose Jeti for Transmitter Type
- Choose Jeti EX Bus for Reciever Type
- Choose Port A for Aura Port for Aura Pro, Choose Port B for Aura.
- Finish the Wizard.
- File -> Save and put the file in a know folder on your PC
- Connect and Write All to Aura to load your initial settings on the Aura
- Go to the Setup tab and confirm the Transmitter and Receiver Setup as above.
JETI Transmitter and Receiver Settings:
- DS-16 Mode 2 transmitter and REX10 Receiver used for some of the validations
- (Most common models expected to work the SAME)
- As always, start with a freshly RESET transmitter model.
- You can verify the completed settings using the tools using the Live Data on the Aura Config Tools Setup Tab
Name: Aura EX Bus (choose name for your model) Model Type: Aero
- Bind to Rx per Jeti instructions (verify function with servo in port 2 if desired)
Name: Aura EX Bus (choose name for your model) Wing type: 1 Flaps, 1 Ail (Choose 0 Flaps if flaps not used) Tail type: Normal 1H1V (default, ALWAYS CHOOSE) Engine count: 1 (default) The rest are defaults (default)
- NOTE: Aura always wants to see ONLY 1 Aileron, 1 Elevator, and 1 Rudder as inputs!
1 Ailerons -control P1 -(default) 2 Elevator -control P2 -(default) 3 Rudder -control P3 -(default) 4 Throttle -control P4 -(default) 5 Aura FMode -Sa -or 3 position switch of users choice-Aura Flight Modes 6 Flaps -Sd -or 3 position switch of users choice-or other/Flaps 7 Aux2 -Sd -optional- use as desired 8 Aux3 or MGain -P7 -optional-can use for Aura Master Gain 9 R Slider -P5 -optional 10 L Slider -P6 -optional
- NOTE: Do NOT hit the Auto-Assign button!
- Sets output order to standard read by Aura: Links the above functions to ‘output slots’ in data stream
1 Throttle 2 Aileron 3 Elevator 4 Rudder 5 Aura FMode (Chooses between FM1, 2, 3) 6 Flaps (Optional Flaps data to Aura) 7 Aux2 (Optional) 8 Aux3 or MGain (Optional Aura Master Gain) 9 R Slider (Optional) 10 L Slider (Optional)
All items set to defaults except as noted ALL subtrims 0% (defaults DO NOT change in Ail, Elev, Rudd) Travels -general Ail, Elev, Rud, Max Positive 98% (defaults) Ail, Elev, Rud, Max Negative -98% (defaults) Aura FMode Max Positive 78% Aura FMode Max Negative -78% NOTE: Throttle +-78% or as calibrated. Other Channels as desired by User Reversing 1-10 in Servo Assignment order as just above 1 NO ‡ Normal is “Reverse NO”, Reverse is “Reverse YES” 2 NO ‡ 3 NO ‡ 4 NO ‡ 5 YES † Or as user prefers for Aura Flight Modes 6 NO † 7 NO † 8 NO † 9 NO † 10 NO †
- NOTE:† User can set items 5-10 per their preference
- NOTE:‡ You must confirm Aileron, Elevator, Rudder 'Reversing' by viewing the direction of the Virtual Stick on the Setup tab with Live Data ON.
- Do the transmitter command and sensor checks in the manual
Timers: Set a free running Timer length suggestion for first flights Set Timer as desired Other settings for telemetry/Alarms can be introduced in Wiki *Bind your receiver to your transmitter at this time. Verify your receiver can drive a servo plugged into and Rx Port.
REX10 example: With system powered and receiver bound Under Device Explorer REX10 with ‘Check Mark’ Select REX10 Select Alternative Pin Config Select OutPin E1 and set to EX Bus Note the Male to Male Cable will go from PORT A or B (as set above) in Aura -to- E1 port in the Jeti REX10 R3RSW example: (Displays as R3-EX) With system powered and receiver bound Under Device Explorer R3-EX with ‘Check Mark’ Select R3-EX Set Serial Link => EX Bus Should show Ex Bus pin: Ext. Note: You have the option to output channels other than Thro, Aile, Elev on pins 1-3 in the Receiver Outputs sub-menu Note the Male to Male Cable will go from PORT A or B (as set above) in Aura -to- 4/Ext port in the Jeti R3-EX The rest of settings are defaults/or as user desires Note: Output period shows 17ms
Continue setup using the Aura Config Tool for flight controls, and other controls as configured.
END EX BUS SECTION
Jeti Legacy UDI Method
NOTE: You can click the link just above for alternate instructions to use the UDI Method of connecting Jeti to Aura. This method is more difficult and less preferred.